Verde Tower Townsville
The 11 level Verde Tower was completed in 2013 and features 11,500 square meters of premium grade commercial office space, 200m2 of ground floor retail area and 202 internal car spaces.
Since the building's completion, Verde has maintained ownership of the property and undertakes the asset management and property management.
For this development Verde purchased the prime city site when it was established that both the Queensland State Government and Ergon energy were both seeking new office space within the Townsville CBD.
When the Queensland State Government went to the market seeking to lease 10,000 square meters of office accommodation and 165 car spaces, Verde responded to the RFP to construct and lease this space for the Queensland State Government.
After an exhaustive tenderer evaluation the State Government of Queensland entered into an Agreement to Lease with the Verde Group and ultimately entered into a 15 year lease for the completed development.
The Governments building requirements were significantly higher than a standard building specifications. The Government required:
· The building to be built to house North Queensland Disaster Recovery Centre
· Be built to importance level 4 (i.e. to withstand Cyclones)
· Have 200% emergency system back up
· Be developed to 5 star green star environmental standards
· Verde was also required to design and install all of the Governments fitout (this was funded by the Government by the process managed by Verde and its development team)
Verde managed all stages of this development from project inception to practical completion and tenancy occupation including:
· Site identification
· Site purchase
· Design management ( including tenant fitout)
· Obtaining statutory approvals
· Agreement to Lease and Lease negotiation and execution
· Development funding and Equity
· Building contract tendering and letting
· Project Management
· Public Relations Management
· Building Certification and Certificate of Occupancy
Sustainability and Awards
The Flinders Street Tower was awarded a 5 Star Green star rating and 5 star Nabers ratings.
In 2014 the building was nominated by its builder Hutchinson for the Master Builders awards and was awarded:
· Best new office building North Queensland
· Most sustainable building North Queensland
· Best new building (all categories) North Queensland
· Best new Office building Queensland.